I am emotionally exhausted. I sit here, in my folks place, where I am inundated with sensory stimuli - lights, loud tv so person with minimal hearing can hear, lit Christmas tree... and this is less than usual - more tv's tend to be operating in adjoining rooms.

I am so spent I am barely coherent.  I can't form full thoughts.  I must struggle to string words sequentially together. 

I am here sitting vigil on my father's demise.   Hospice care in the face of an unhealable ailment. Care, compassion, comfort are the watchwords of the day.  The situation is difficult, physically, emotionally and psychologically. For him, for mom, for my brother, for my sisters, for me and for my man, who is trying his damndest to be supportive through this. There is no peace, no quiet, no down time, only a series of tasks to be done -
laundry
dishes
cleaning
helping him around
prepping meals and meds
making the bed
facilitating his exercising
shopping
feeding and tending the pets
laundry
dishes
cleaning
etc....

I am running on less sleep than I need and burning the candle morning and night.... (up late / up early)

Comments

Popular Posts