Today's project - washing and brightening my lovely white linen sun hat.  My beloved gifted me the hat during a visit to the Lincoln Park Zoo.  The hat is light, comfortable, and classically beautiful.  
I wear it many days throughout the summer. While I love sunny days, spending time in direct sunlight quickly drains me.  I love sporting about in my bright white hat. 
I have yet to wash it for fear of ruining it - so today I am taking care to wash and dry the hat in the hopes of retaining its beauty, comfort and style.

Hand washing is the route i chose, to not loose shaping in the rough and tumble of machine agitation.  
Currently it is soaking in a small tub of warm water with a dash castile soap (Dr. Bronner's Peppermint to be precise), a 1/2 tsp washing soda and 1/4 tsp borax.  I rubbed some Dr. Bronners into the interior headband, when the sweat stains are, and on a couple soiled spots around the brim.

I shall post later how the washing proceeds...

Comments

Popular Posts