Storms herald growth

June in Iowa is rich with storm and rain and high pressure systems colliding with low pressure systems.
Last night lightening flashed and crackled and thunder rolled and rumbled while rain splashed, gushed, rushed all around.  Today the air is heavy with moisture and the sky thick with grey-blue clouds. Water logged soil squishes underfoot, and pools and puddles abound around trees, roads, low fields and walkways.
My journey out of house this morning resulted in detour after detour - byways blocked by standing water and washout.  Oh, the glory and power of water.
As I absorb the splendour and power of this day after, I pause to reflect on the surges, swells, detours, and standing water in my life.  I embark on a period of unexpected detours, newly saturated soils, and the promise of growth.
Jobs, travel, professional development, business ventures, family connections, writings, craftings - my life is rich with possibility, quiet, potential and the colliding of was and will be.

Comments

Popular Posts