I have been rewatching previous seasons of Great British Bake-Off lately, while awaiting each new episode of the current season. 

I enjoy the sense of community and mutual support the contestants exemplify. I enjoy the creativity of the recipes and presentation the bakers make. I appreciate the experimentation.  I value the instruction and feedback on bakes. 

As I watch I am inspired to cook more often. To try my own bakes. Since I have a diet with very particular limitations, I am always modifying or developing recipes. 

This week, I have decided to try to make puff pastry dough. Full puff. The challenge, beyond the standard full puff pastry challenges, is that I do not eat wheat, rice, corn, or potato; nor do I eat butter made of mammal milk.  So.. I have been thinking, researching, and am ready to make a plan and an attempt will follow in a day or so. 

I will use a coconut flour, banana flour, and tapioca flour blend I blend myself. I will add a dash of salt and of baking soda (maybe! still considering here). 

In place of the butter, I have purchased a plant based butter alternative made of coconut oil and palm oil blend. 

I will let you know how it goes.  

Comments

Popular Posts