I am happy to say - upon returning home from travels, I am well.  I am centered, unfatigued, headache and stomach ache free.  That is cause for celebration and acknowledgement.  I am a capable traveller.  I can travel and enjoy the journey.  The sun streaks streaming down from the evening clouds backdropping the newly furrowed fields created striking landscapes worthy of photograph or painting.  I was thrilled to admire the Iowa countryside, to revel in the aesthetic beauty.  The brisk fresh air of a spring evening following a day of cloud cover and recurrent rain added a glory to the emerging sun.
Throughout the day the rain and cloud cover was beautiful in its right.  A myriad of grays in the low hanging sky a panoply to be admired.  I found the drive meditative and serene overall.  Yes, I had my midday exhausted stretches, so I left the highway and travelled byway to change the perspective and rejuvenate my spirit.  I meandered along the Illinois river through long uninhabited stretches peppered with rural towns.  Making my way back to the highway for the final leg of the journey.
From outset of drive to unload at home, I kept a log of birds seen; recording each amazing and wondrous observation.
My fine fellow left the apartment neat and clean when he headed out of town 2 days ago, so I can come home to a stress free, welcoming, neat clean home.  The funky air I quickly dissipate with lavender water spray and candle lighting.  The funk never fully abates, but is lightened enough to appease my sensitive sniffer.
Now, I will settle in to reviewing accumulated mail and giving overdue attention to my handsome cats.

Comments

Popular Posts