Grey days of March march by monotonously.  A groggy fogginess envelopes the city and my spirit.  I am re-centering after a hope has been dashed.  I am trying to allow myself to mourn the lost future before stepping into the unknown of more of the same.

I have stumbled, not headlong, not completely accidentally, but stumbled onto the realization of another different dream.  I have an imaginary live where I frisk off to the country and wildlands with a cute camper in tow.  Soon I will discover if having the camper inspires me to frisk on a whim.

Will my stifled spirit find freedom in the simple life of camping, hiking, taking photos, lighting campfires, reading and writing? I hope so.  A summer of shifted perspectives and simple adventures may just what my waning spirit needs.

The camper will be named "Happy Wanderer", perhaps 'Wanda' for short (with a Rhode Island accent)

Comments

Popular Posts