Wren & Ignacio premier booksigning event

Premier Wren & Ignacio book signing event held today.  At the appointed hour, I arrived to find the room arranged in such an open, welcoming layout.  A table, chair, stack of my book, 2 smooth writing pens, a vase of flowers and a flyer.  I felt so... authorly!

Mere moments later the first patrons arrived - patrons who came to see me and buy my book! I felt elated and humbled simultaneously.  The two folks so eager to arrive also attend my speech class, so they know me already.  I am honored they are interested even to make a special effort to come to the store for the signing and to read the book.

The next 45 minutes passed very quickly with folks stopping at the table consistently.  I absolutely thrilled the moment the first stranger - someone utterly unknown to me - bought a copy!

The reading went well too - a newspaper photographer snapped shots throughout the event.  Another instructor brought her class down to the reading, swelling the crowd with mandatory participants.
I need to select more exciting / eventful excerpt for next time, and not worry so much about chronology of story.

Comments

Popular Posts