Books lost into oblivion - or at least into the behemoth of the United States Postal System

A month ago I sent a package full of books to my niece and her family in Florida. I carefully selected titles: an adorable story about a rabbit who loved to experience the seasons and revel in nature for my wee nephew.  The illustrations were lovely, and the rabbit reminded me of me, and I want my nephew to know me, and I always love to share my passion for nature with children.
I found some of my favorite titles from when I was a young reader to share with my nearly 10 year old niece - tales of mystery, adventure and problem solving (Encyclopedia Brown) and tales of magic (A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeline L'Engle).  I sent other stories for the teen twins, and a copy of my book (Wren and Ignacio) for my niece (their Mom), hoping she would read and enjoy what I wrote, and someday share it with her girls.
I also selected and sent coloring books for everyone, in the hopes they will periodically join our weekly color club.

Alas, the package 'will not be delivered by scheduled delivery date." Whatever that means! I tracked the package - it made it to Florida, even, I think to their local post office. Now? Nothing. No report.


I am disappointed and disheartened. I so wanted to share those special memories and stories, and to deepen our relationships.





Comments

Popular Posts