When the seemingly innocuous is a tear jerker

As I skim through my social media feed to catch up on my family and friends daily activities, I am inundated with links, stories, news reports, and dramatic political rhetoric. While much of import (and drama) is occurring politically now, I also note posts from various sources use heightened rhetoric (the situation is stressful enough, don't hyperbolize the rhetoric, please).
Sometime when I watch a warm fuzzy animal video (an injured horse being rescued via airlift, for example) I find myself tearing up. My emotions can be so poignantly and powerfully triggered, and I don't think it has to do with the airlifted horse.
 I think my sense of disappointment at the political climate, the divisive rhetoric, and the danger to social justice and environmental issues leaves me susceptible to emotional triggers. Seeing people work together to protect, heal, support, encourage... ah.

Small acts of consideration reinforce my faith in humanity.
Large acts of collaborative effort reinforce my trust in humanity.
Move slowly through narrow spaces, be careful not to create wake that disturbs safe travel.
Allow the sun to shine on your heart.
Rest your wings, left and right.
Take a moment and breathe.

Comments

Popular Posts