Bright sunshin day - everybody's smiling...

Summer sun's calling my name


I went out to water the gardens, wanted happy plants, no wilt, no root stress.
As I finish watering the back vegetable patches and rose bushes, the air changes subtly, the brightness grays a bit as the dense patch of clouds blow in... looks like maybe it is gonna rain.

Ah, well - better water than rain than plants stunted from dry roots. And, it might pass over without the sky opening to drop liquid nourishment.

My garden, the one I started so early and tended so persistently, is slow growing. The plants are small leaf and bush.
Even the radishes are slow to develop. Must be the soil. Last year plants grew heartily in the bed by the fence... but I did not replenish used nutrients with compost or manure in fall, nor did I cover crop. I will this fall - maybe both.

The dandelion and plantain leaves art starting to toughen - not so delicious in fresh salads.  I shall shift to light saute, maybe pesto, or stuffing for pierogis and raviolis.

But now, this moment, I must dedicate my attention to school work - grading.

Comments

Popular Posts