Spring rain is a joyful rain

I sat on the side deck eating my delightful salad and watched the sky to the west deepen in purple grey hue, and felt the pressure accumulate.
Before I finished lunch large drops plopped and dropped intermittently, then with increasing frequency.
I stashed the chairs and items I preferred not get wet, into the house, before grabbing up the trays of lettuce to plant into pots I prepped this morning.
The idea of planting in the rain was exhilarating, so hori-hori knife in hand, I got to work. The relief of building pressure added to the energy charge of the moment.
After putting the lettuce in pots, planting more lettuce seed, and giving them a blessing of successful growth, I headed to the back yard.
I shuttled tools, grills, and sundry into the shed to protect it from the oncoming rain, for the drops increased in velocity, number and frequency by the moment. The thunder rumbled closer, and flashes of lightening began.
I coiled the hose, then stood reveling in the rain a moment, before heading indoors to dry clothes and a tasty herbal tea, iced.

Comments

Popular Posts