I have made no public announcement as yet, influenced by my secret fear of the 'jinx'. I have an irrational, yet unshakeable, concern that when I am navigating change or facing possibility of change, if I talk about it I will thwart the possibility or negate the productive energy of change.  I have had this quirk many a year.
I am going to breathe through the fear, and share my excitement. My husband and I are buying a house.
We are committed to remaining in Indiana a few years more, even though neither of us especially like the culture or area enough to want it to be our 'forever home' (which is a concept that is a struggle for two nomad souls anyway).
Since we are here, we want a place of our own; a home we can care for to the level my husband finds appropriate (and rental properties just don't achieve), and where I can garden freely and with a sense of stabilty.
We put a bid on a house weeks ago, and now approach closing with many of the steps along the way resolved: appraised well, no unexpected repairs / issues that cannot be dealt with, and the loan application moving apace.
The entire process is not as scary or intimidating as I imagined. In fact, each step unfolded naturally.
We have a wonderful realtor as an ally, and a calm sense of anticipation which ground the process.
We even got into the house and removed the flea infested carpet, so the flea treatment would be most effective.
I paid for the effort, even though my husband did a lion share of the work. He worked for hours on the hottest day of  a heat wave in the un-conditioned air of the close upstairs. When I finally joined in for the final few hours I quickly overheated. With frequent breaks and much hydration, I managed to provide support. However, I spent the following three days with a migraine and many unpleasant symptoms.
Self-care is so important! I knew I was pushing my limits and had deviated from my food and sleep routine, and was affected by the extreme weather, yet I pushed. I am pleased we completed the task, glad I got to participate, and resolve to be more vigilant with diet and sleep needs adherence.
The heat wave finally ended yesterday with an almighty clash against a cold-front and a resulting series of storms.
As you can seem my eyes and face still reflect the exhaustion, pain, and weakness resulting from the multi-day migraine, yet I am out and about and functioning fine. The storm provided a  perfect opportunity to see how the yard water flow worked - so I headed over to check out low-lying spots, pools, puddles, and points of concern. Yay! No standing water in the yard, the low spots not where we feared. And excellent gutter flow.
So now we await final loan approval, preliminary title report, and discuss scheduling closing. July 18 is the planned closing, though it may occur sooner if the proverbial ducks align.
I am excited, ready, a looking forward to moving, setting up home again, planning my garden, and exploring the life this transition will make possible.

Comments

Popular Posts