Home tending, tending to be home

Home with my fellow. Home tending together as we transition back to him being here full time, as opposed to working on the road, stopping home for an occasional weekend.

We jointly tend to laundry, reorganzing storage - putting away tools and road miscellany. We need to get a new dresser.  The one he used to use the drawer bottoms kept falling out and I decided it had to go.  Off to a thrift adventure to find a 'new' dresser to fit our needs and his clothes.

I experimented with a new recipe this morning.  Hash Brown bake - so easy and so yummy.  I found the recipe in the recently acquired Gluten-Free on a Shoestring by Nicole Hunn.  Many of the included recipes are not dairy free, so I will need to experiment and modify.  The hash brown bake though was simple perfection.  To accompany the hash browns I made my new favorite - mini quiches!  Easy, seeming fancy and oh so tasty.  I have served them up at school and social functions and the bite size morsels are always a hit.

I have a plan to achieve in the coming weeks - make some big batch foodstuffs and stuff the freezer for 'pull out and heat up' meals.  The intended items include: spinach pie, ravioli, burritos, mini-quiche (yup), cookie dough, cupcakes, lasagna, pizza pockets, chicken pot pie.... and whatever else strikes my fancy.  As I batch up each, I will take photos and post the process along with how I feel it went and advice for 'next time'.  I will also note how I modified recipes and in what containers I froze - all this is a new process for me so I want to record efforts, successes and failures.

Well, the music has stopped and the pull of chores tugs at me.  Until next time....

Comments

Popular Posts