discontentment

A apropos title for the current situation, for each meal, each task is received with discontentment, which leaves me feeling discontent.  Sometimes I think they live to dis' contentment.

each meal is greeted with sour expressions and complaints about flavor, texture, amount, ingredients, combination, timing - in fact everything is unsatisfactory at best and dismal all the time.  Such reactions are discouraging.  Even when I strive to make exactly the meal requested down the the final ingredient, the meal is received with disfavor and discontentment.

The meal is eaten, and quickly, but with complaints the entire time.

I dropped my entire world at the instant's notice of need.  I walked away from pressing deadlines (with the support of students and colleagues).  I travelled at great expense, more than I could afford or was budgeted.  I took on all household responsibilities (cleaning, laundry, cooking, errands, dishes, animal care.  So to be consistently and continuously complained to becomes disheartening and oppressive.  I should have expected such, though, for they, over the course of my life, have always been dissatisfied, disgruntled and vocal in both.  Appreciation and gratitude are rare.  Effort on their own part also not forthcoming.

Well, no time to write, I must go wash dishes, try to salvage "terrible" leftovers (for a meal which was actually tasty and made by hand from scratch of all fresh ingredients specifically requested).   I just want to crawl in a corner and cry.  I want to go home to my fellow who appreciates my efforts and enjoys my cooking and smiles at me and speaks to me with love in his voice. Even when I am grumpy.

Comments

Popular Posts