My current view

The kingfisher obligingly announces arrival, though just passing briefly through.  The wind gusts softly and yellow walnuts leaves twirl to the ground.  The creek is unexpectedly quiet after a night of rain.  The cheet cheet cheet of a sparrow? constantly sounds.  The sun makes a weak quick peak from behind thick grey clouds.  The morning slowly wanes.  

I await news about a position, in a community I aspire to inhabit.  The waiting is a challenge, only met my questing for peace in the unknown.  I have no control, now, over the decision or the timing. Yet the outcome will determine the next stage of my, and A's, life.  

I am simultaneously excited at the prospect to living in the community, working for the organization, attending to the tasks of the job and apprehensive of the transition, the responsibility.  I have not presented myself such a large challenge in a long time.  I have been posing myself challenges of a smaller more routine and consistent sort.  I have extended to new and different courses and the challenge of how to teach them.  The new job would be a major shift.  I have the relevant experience and skills.

I am superstitious enough to think that whichever I truly focus on (getting the job vs not getting the job) will become the option.  So, I wonder whether cowardice and complacency (staying on the current course with which I am familiar) or self-actualization and personal enrichment (new, unknown, challenging and rewarding) will be the path.  

A is willing to join me on the adventure, the unknown, the new.  I think the change would be good for each of us and both of us as a unit.  I think where and what we are now is not what either of us truly want.  We are awash with financial challenges, isolated from social connections, in a routine of duty rather than personal fulfillment.  The overall sense of mutual regard and support is strong and sincere.  However the wonder, attraction, frivolity and whimsy are lacking to non-existent.  I think we each would benefit greatly from an infusion of light-heartedness and communal connection.   A major change in locale and activity would facilitate such an infusion. 

So I must meditate on the possibility of renewal and spiritual enrichment through life activity. 

Comments

Popular Posts