Teaching responsiblilities lead to less writing

Ok, I admit I have the time to dedicate to writing. I have projects calling for development. My creativity is flowing fine. So why am I not writing more? Well - all the trainings, preparation of lessons and activities, email correspondence with administration and the students, plus the time grading and recording grade... all the time spent on the computer for teaching responsibilities leaves me wanting to be away from a keyboard, not looking at a screen in my other time.
I am lured to read a soft hued print page, to sit outside and absorb spring sunshine. I prefer to listen to birds chatter and flutter as the build nests and seek insects. I write long luscious letters to friends and family. I craft - knitting, sewing, making journals. 
I even walk around the neighborhood, block after block.
So this short blog post is the extent of today's writing.

Tomorrow is a full day of teaching.
Maybe Friday I will write.
I will pack my laptop head to the teashop, or the park, or my back yard - and spin more chapters into my Betty Lou of Mustard Hollow narrative of my Mom's youth. Or expand my Medusa tale to completion. Or work on one of my other various projects.
Friday it is - I promise myself 2 hours of writing on Friday! Before ever I even open my school email.
Huzzah, a plan!

Comments

Popular Posts