Weight is not wellness.

I have been feeling worse and worse lately - 4 consecutive days of migraine, aching joints, difficulty walking especially hills and steps.
My clothes are snug, the new clothes I bought to replace the clothes that no longer fit.
Before the migraine I had a couple feeling good days, and recently I had that amazing trip to Florida when I felt better than ever while traveling.

I decided to weigh in today. I have not been doing my morning yoga or daily weight lifting. I have not been hula-hooping, or walking much, or any activity actually. Unmotivated. Or in pain. Or busy with teaching (which is actually pretty active - 3 - 4 hours at a time on my feet, moving around, using my brain).

I crossed another plane - I weighed in at over 190 #'s. So much for plateauing at 184. I was in stasis at 184 for months - not loosing, but not gaining either. I think I started to loose motivation, because tracking persistent low grade activity and solid healthy eating and I still did not lose weight. I got discouraged. I also thought - as long as I am feeling fine, I am not going to obsess over a # (double meaning of symbol apt).

Then I noticed I was beginning to have less and less energy and interest in activity. When it is uncomfortable to difficult to do stuff, I don't like to do said stuff. I did keep eating good for me, nutrient rich, well balanced foods. 
Simultaneously, I have been drinking plenty of good fluids (water, tea, veggie-rich smoothies), mostly.

Just for today, for the duration of this post, I am allowing myself to kavetch, to vent, to heave a heavy sigh. 

And renew my love of self. To aspire to starting my day with the morning cup of yoga and 4 sets of weight lifting / stepping exercises. These small steps (ha, ha, ha), can have a big impact on my daily energy.

Also, with the lovely spring weather and inviting blooms and buds, I set a simple goal of walking to and around the park 4 times a week for the next 2 weeks. I am not setting a weight loss goal.
I am setting activity increase goals. I want to be able to walk comfortably, I want to enjoy moving my body.


Comments

Popular Posts