Feeling groovy

I am happy to report I feel strong today. I celebrate a full week in succession of feeling relatively pain free and able bodied.
I enjoy my morning yoga, for it enables me to connect with the sunrise on a personal and spiritual level, while supporting my physical well-being.
Some mornings I think of the various yoga classes I have attended with friends: Becky in Meadville (or was it Linesville we went to that class ever so ridiculously long ago?), Halina, Tricia, & Christie in Portland, Oregon (in a brick building near the small Whole Foods away back before the turn of the century), also so very long ago, Ellen in Sharon, MA, when we went not to a class but to the woods or lakeside for yoga, and Dakota and Hayden in Pennsylvania, when we would do yoga on the porch in Victory.

Today the frosty fallen oak leaves strewn across the deep green grass betipped with frost served a brilliant scene for my reverie.
Birds chittered, unseen, in the dense branches of the arborvitae, occasionally to flit quickly out and away over the house and into the soft blue sky.
Centered, stretched and strong, I am now ready to continue my day.


I long for a romp through the woods, over hill and dale, yet shall be content with home, work, and yard.

Comments

Popular Posts