Mild thyroiditis, she says


I received a call from a nurse at the doctor's office this afternoon. Upon receiving the message I call back, get an automated system, then a different (dare I say random) nurse, who checks the system and tells me it is about my test result. Results that came into the system 11.16/16, results which I have reviewed via the webtracking softward.
I have an appointment with the doctor Thursday morning at 8:30 am - so basically 2 days from now.
The nurse gives me the news, "You have mild thyroiditis."
I ask, "why would I receive a call to tell me that when I have a follow-up appointment in 2 days?"
"That is strange." she replies. Then says nothing.
So I ask to confirm I do have the follow-up appointed still slated (for I want to talk to the doctor in more detail about the these and other test results, and discuss my severe vertigo problems).
"Yes, you have the appointment."
Ok.
But, I do not have a great feeling about the competency and flow of information at this facility.
Ah, mainstream medical machine, you are so predictably clunky and impersonal.
Upside (well, not really) I do have a thyroid issue, as I have been trying to alert a medical support team of for 3 years now. Looks like I am probably on the auto-immune train ride to Hashimotos.
I will continue to pursue self-care to stave off the dire end of Thyroid failure.

Comments

Popular Posts