each day a step

Each day is like a step - climb the beautiful regions of self with a sense of exploration.

Inspired by my experience tonight at the weekly yoga at the library session, I am commuting to a 30 days of yoga challenge. 

As I watched the yoga video we followed, I was present both in my body and in the room full of novice approach to practice folks, I found great peace, faith in self, and celebration of community. Libraries bring people together, expand perspective, and allow the access to knowledge. Would I have done yoga tonight if it were not for the session hosted at the library, no. Since I walk to and from the library, I also benefit from the movement and spend time in outdoors, enjoying the sensory immersion. I reveled in the smell of snow in the air, the brisk breeze on my skin and in my lungs, the shifting of day to dusk.

In the yoga session, we followed the video "Day 1 - Ease into it - 30 Days of Yoga" by Yoga with Adriene  The pace was well adapted to our group. We could ease into this new practice, this new experience. The space was comfortable (emotionally and physically) and welcoming, and the other participants friendly and respectful. All of which contributed to a positive experience. 

As I moved through the poses, present in my body and attentive to details, I was reminded how valuable movement is to wellness. I imagined the muscles lengthening and strengthening. I pictured the blood bringing oxygen and nutrients to cells and removing metabolic wastes. I envisioned the lymph flowing, as it does best when skeletal muscles contract and release. 
Some of the poses were definitely a challenge, as my wellness has been compromised lately, and I have not been practicing my morning yoga, going on walks, or really moving much at all. Nonetheless the challenge was welcome, and I worked within what was achievable and safe for my body, my abilities. 

I am sending myself a reminder to do day two of yoga tomorrow. I will use the Day 2 - Stretch & Soothe - 30 days of yoga video by Yoga with Adriene as my guide and motivation. 
I told the ladies at library yoga tonight my goal of doing yoga everyday until next weeks session, and asked them to ask me about it, as a form of accountability and inspiration. 
Want to join me on a yoga journey? on a meander to wellness? comment on your path, your practice, your progress, your challenge, your insight. 

Namaste
Seeds of Possibility

Comments

Popular Posts