Knitting Goals / Aspirations 2015

A Ravelry Group of which I am a member began the year with some discussion of 'goals' and a discussion board to which we shared our respective aspirations.  I am confident that sharing the aspirations with the group will inspire achievement and provide a community of support. I also want a personal point of reference for the goals, so I am sharing my post here on the bewellbohemia blogspot:

So goals -
Improve.
If that sounds generic, let me ‘splain… I am a loose sort of sloppy complacent knitter. I have been knitting at the same level basically since I learned to knit over a decade ago. I make stuff, but it has always been more about the process than the product for me - the act of knitting not the garment. Well in this last year 2014 knitting with all you Hillians I have both improved from working with you, learning from you and being inspired by you. My stitches are more even and neater. I can (and do) follow a pattern. I take on more ambitious projects (socks, vests, dress, sweater, more socks).
My goal then for 2015 is to improve my stitches and my finished projects. Maintain the joy in the process and add more polished finished projects.
A bit of list (cause I was impressed with *@&%*’s presentation of her goals)
Skills:
Consistent Tension
Stitch pattern beyond stockingette
Brioche
Projects:
Finish my Aviva Redux (the dress I am knitting)
make functional comfortable socks
Follow a brioche pattern for a project
2 knit alongs
make nesting dolls (for my sister and for me)
make more gift knits

Comments

Popular Posts