Mid November walks towards me with a smile and outstretched arms

The cold weather, which has descended upon our area in the preceding days, I find comforting.  I like breathing in the brisk air as I do my sunrise yoga poses. Each morning as the light brightens in the east, as the sky near the horizon shows pink, purple and orange through the tree silhouettes, I begin with mountain pose, a sense of gratitude and possibility, and a deep breath. I enjoy connecting with the daily and seasonal cycles so closely.
Before I head out my front door, which faces east, I don a knit hat, scarf and slip on shoes. I revel in how the stretching increases blood flow and keeps me warm in the cool air.
The caw of crows accompanies the brightening of the sky, and other small birds in flocks and pairs fly over.
My spirit and body is made ready for the day with the ritual. I feel capable, strong, and worthy of good things.

Comments

Popular Posts