Why don't I just give-up?

I hate the way I feel today - I awoke feeling sluggish, congested and headachy! I made all the 'right choices' yesterday, so why do I feel lousy today?
I resisted the urge to have oatmeal for breakfast - with much need to call on my will power.
I did my yoga routine in the yard under the rising sun, even though I DID NOT want to (and I didn't immediately feel better afterward either!)
I drank my caffeinated tea (a small pot of yerba mate followed by a small pot of jasmine). I still did not feel better.
Well, shucks, this sucks!
I recorded my food notes and physiological / emotional / psychological / mental notes in my food journal. (Good job, Brooke. Well done, important step.)
Then I forced myself to exercise in the lovely brisk sunny outdoors. I parked a little of 7 blocks away from the library downtown, halfway up a rather long steep hill. (You see, I cannot give-up mid walk when I have to get back to my car to get home (or walk even further up more hills to the house)). I was secretly sure that after my walk I would feel better - clear headed and pain free.
I commended myself on my discipline, forethought, and cheekiness.

Well, 45 minutes of walking and 15 minutes of friendly chat at the bank (our branch is filled with friendly and personable staff that make banking a pleasure).
[Please forgive all the parenthetical phrases, it is just that sort of day.]

I referred back to the Whole 30 book, boy am I ever glad it gives a 'you might experience these challenges along the way so be prepared' day by day break-down. This lousy-feeling day is pretty on par with what is happening metabolically, hormone-ally, and overall in my body. Stay the course!

Okay. I can surely make it through another hour. (Maybe if I break down time into digestible chunks I can manage to maintain success. One good choice at a time on the path to long term change.

And I reserve the right to be grumpy along the way. (Hey, I heard that - why should now be different than other times? Okay - I accept the criticism, I tend to make my moods very apparent to those around me, especially family.)

Comments

Popular Posts