Community via internet

As I sit and knit this bright November morning, I listen to the wit of Stash and Burn knitting podcast archives.  I click on links they left listed below the playbar to see some of the stuff they chat about. Such clicks lead me to other knitter's blogs and patterns, and I see how I am a part of a large connected community.
I think of my local knitting group, friends who I look forward to seeing and sharing stories - knitting and otherwise.
I am buoyed by the thought of such local and larger scale community.
I read other blogs and find inspiration - regarding content, layout, categorization etc... I am motivated to write in my blog, and to dedicate time organizing layout, categories of subjects and images.
Currently, my knitting project calls softly to me - it is a knit along and the others mostly already finished.  We are having a show and tell at next knitting group and I want to be finished.   I will be finished! So I must knit, not type.

I am finally on the cuff of the first sleeve, I knit the cuff once already, did not like it, made many errors, so tore it out and began again.  I remembered to switch to smaller needles called for the second cuff knit.




Comments

Popular Posts