Composing Holiday Greeting Cards

Tonight my mood attuned to composing letter greetings to send out to folks as the year closes and I want to let far flung friends and family know they are in my thoughts.



Even if I don't visit them, call them, email them.... even if I have not seen or spoke to them in years maybe... they each hold a place in my life.  I don't just but a box of cards, sign my name and post; make personalized photo cards; nor do I (usually) type a newsletter print it and submit it with signed cards.  All of those options are excellent choices.  I like receiving each type.  I, however, tend to hand write a personalized not in each card I send.  Of course, to do so takes dedicated time and a certain mood.  Tonight I felt such an inspiration.  I pulled down from the closest shelf the box of crafts and greeting cards, rifled through the amassed miscellany only to discover I have no winter cards. None. Nope.

I thought I had a half dozen or so left over from previous holiday seasons. Nope.  I depleted my stock. apparently and must restock.  I could make cards, but the effort of crafting cards (cutting, coloring, stamping, printing .... etc..) tends to use up the creative energy and time from hand writing greetings.  I love to write and receive letters, so taking the time to do so is important to me.  I also prefer to craft with a friend... so the idea of crafting cards alone is pretty depressing.

Comments

Popular Posts