Personal Accomplishment

I did it. Twice.  Rode my bike to work.  I am especially proud of today's commitment to ride, as my morning self, initially determined to ride to work, began to waiver just before departure.  The wavering made manifest in whisperings in my inner ear such as: "it may rains, the clouds are looking grey, heavy and ominous, better not ride," "so many errands to run after class, best to drive and head directly to the errands," "still sore from the massage work yesterday, ought to rest those muscles so you are not in worse pain later today," and other subtle yet persuasive considerations.
Regardless of the wavering, I overcame whisperings, packed my panier and pedaled forth!
No rain has yet fallen, nor did the temperature drop.
I will rehydrate and eat before sallying forth on miscellaneous non-deadlines errands.
The muscle use will speed the removal of toxins from my system and strengthen the muscles .
I encourage my sister to celebrate her exercise accomplishments, so I shall celebrate mine.

I really enjoyed feeling the strength in my thigh muscles as I pumped the pedal.  Even now as I sit and type I can feel the increase blood flow sending oxygen to my toes.  I feel energized.  My mind is clear, but not racing.  My built up stress from the previous couple weeks of increased life stressors, is dissipating rather than magnifying through accumulation.  Interestingly, if counterintuitively, my appetite is abated.  I no longer feel an incessant craving to be eating something.

I know I can not always feel this sense of wellness.  Like all things physical, there is ebb and flow.  I am elated to be able to feel wellness and build the belief that I am capable of feeling well.

Comments

Popular Posts