Rough patches, keep sewing

A moment of reflection regarding a seemingly recurrent occurrence: the intersection of power, perception, listening, speaking, interpreting, compassion and assertion.  My fellow was on a few minute break in a long and still extending day, when he mentioned an item of stress and a sense of urgency for action steps. Actually, let me stop here - it is not the specifics of the interaction but the underlying lack of recognition of timing on my part.  Time to listen, nod, reassure and support, not provide counter argument and step by step logical recounting of his own previously asserted standpoint, which is in direct opposition to his currently asserted stance.

Now he is out of the building with an over the shoulder, "don't wait up for me." Though I probably will, of course, because when feathers are ruffled, even a little, I hone in on it and feel bad for the misunderstanding or insufficient spousal behaviour.  We shall see how the evening progresses.

Comments

Popular Posts