Experiential projects build nutrient rich (mental) soil

I am almost a month into my Herbal Immersion Course, which is estimated to take 18 months to 30 months.
I am feeling inspired, excited, empowered and motivated. Woot! Bliss, even.

I spent a few hours yesterday on experiential projects - those projects designed to provide hands-on experience with the concepts from the course. I built a pallet compost bin, sifted my compost pile, separating nearly ready compost from far to go food and yard waste. The far-to-go items went into the pallet compost bin, and that is where we will continue to add kitchen scraps and yard waste.
The smaller nearly-ready pile I will leave sit for the remainder of summer without adding new material, then add the nutrient rich compost to the garden beds as part of the 'put the garden to rest' cycle.

I also mixed some potting mix for container planting (and transplanting). I could not get all of the recipe ingredients at the big box garden centers, or the local garden center, so I followed the recipe as close as I could, and noted the difference in my notes. I took some pictures for a record (and fun) too.

I aspire to handing in a few experiential project logs by the end of the weekend. I have also taken the first 2 quizzes and passed successfully. Each lecture, video, project, assignment, link to resources, and item affiliated with the course is fabulous. I am learning new information, organizing life experience into related schema, and improving my garden and quality of life.

Comments

Popular Posts