Healing is a slow process

A few weeks ago, a month today, actually, my cat sustained an injury.  He is an adventurous cat, and took advantage of the chaos inherent in a large group family visit - the 'girls' (4 great-granddaughters of my mother) were in and out of the house and up to play with my cats, the doors (upstairs, and outside) often left open in the excitement - all the opportunity my adventurous cat needed.
Well, at some point he apparently got into a tussle with another animal (cat? dog? other? unknown).

By the time he returned to the house, my cat was upset, anxious and injured. Now, a month later, he is still limping, swollen and occasionally oozing puss, poor Puss.

He is well, overall, with a steady appetite, normal activity level, and no 'hot spot' on the injured foot.

I have been using care and attention to support him through healing, as well as knowledge gained in my current herbal study.
Keeping the wound clean and sanitized enables him to feel better (after the fact) and worse (during, the opening of the puncture wound and removal of puss, plus flushing with antimicrobial wash seems to involve, discomfort, anxiety, and occasional pain.)

I am grateful to care for  my wee cat, and grateful for his trust in me. He seems wary of my approach at times, yet still crawls in my lap for a cuddle throughout the day.

Keep on healing orange man.

Comments

Popular Posts