Glittering gold beetle



Lovely glimmering golden beetle

Arriving home from some mundane errand, my fellow and I pulled the ever-encroaching morning glory vines from the porch steps. A small glittering gold object caught our eye – tiny, perfectly rounded and still. I reached down to pick it up, like any crow or magpie, I like shiny items. As I bent over and reached down, I noticed it was, in fact, an insect! I called my fellow to take a close look, and we gazed in wonder at this miniature marvel.
I have since done some researching to discover what, or who, the beetle is, for it clearly had the shape of a beetle.
I  found the following link to an article that describes a beetle exactly matching our experience – morning glory and all! https://baynature.org/2014/02/27/whats-small-ladybug-like-golden/

Comments

Popular Posts