A photo of an oblique reflection

Sometimes the accidental capture tells the story best - a photo I took the other day to proudly proclaim my status dedicating time to writing while perched at the backyard table has become a metaphor I never expected.  The photo is of my hand hovered over the charcoal keyboard of my colonial blue computer. The silhouette of my head and shoulders and my other hand snapping a photo with my phone is reflected obliquely in the screen of the computer, What is the metaphor? I am unseen yet within, I appear to the viewer only on close-inspection, and that is how I feel this morning, like looking at myself reveals an oblique silhouette reflection rather than a clear image.
I am struggling with words and ideas, my mind sluggish and tired - knowing the metaphor is stronger and better defined, but lacking the mental clarity to articulate it. Best I return to the effort later, not in the slump of the day.


Comments

Popular Posts