I begin the post by noting the consistency of my posts, and celebrating that fact. I enjoy sharing my thoughts, and find this online journal format an excellent method of organizing my thoughts, recounting observations, reflecting, and even at times blathering (allowing outlet to words without judgement or goal). 
In the previous 24 days, I have missed posting only 4 days, (never 2 consecutive days missed), and on a 3 days I posted twice.  I count a record of posting on 11 consecutive days in a row. 
I am maintaining a steady rhythm. I am reflecting, writing and publish posts with aplomb. I benefit from taking the time to reflect on my experiences. I have taken nearly a year break from cell phone access, which has shifted the way I connect with others.  I do not have the capacity to text. I can receive calls only to the landline in my home, where there is no caller-id or voicemail. I did purchase an answering machine, so messages may be left, though often are not.
I find myself posting to and trolling facebook far less frequently. I feel more present in my space.

Without the tool of a smartphone with phone service, I do feel it harder to contact many of the important people in my life who do heavily use text as a mode of communication.  I miss those connections, yet recognize that they were fleeting, few, and lacked the depth of conversation or a visit in person.

I still find the most rewarding experiences from in person connections and conversations. There is no substitute for presence.

But I digress, as this medium allows.

I have been a prolific journal since I could write; intent at an early age of making an accounting of my days.

Comments

Popular Posts