Sometime the choice to miss work is warranted

In order to be in PA to support my niece, my mom, and my sister during a time of extenuating circumstance, I opted to have my classes covered today by a colleague. I sent word to my students so they know what to expect (me not in class, a sub leading the flow of the day) and to ask they support the sub by knowing what systems to follow.
A tough decision because I feel very responsible for and accountable to the classroom community. I also trust the students are ready and capable to navigate the day successfully.
I can now be fully present with my family without a split focus. I have made arrangements, now trust my choice and the capability of folks involved. As a result I can concentrate my attention and energy to visit with the people around me. Take Mom shopping for food and supplies, and be a help to my niece and her kids.

Comments

Popular Posts