Fall. Cool mornings. Breezy evenings. More moon time, as the dusk comes sooner and the moon's presence is ever more noticeable in the inky sky.
And knitting. The urge and inspiration to knit; to finish old projects and begin new. To cast on, knit, purl, yarn over - and over.
I am so pleased with this cowl-cum-hat.  It is an open tube that can be worn to cozy the neck, or s a slouchy style hat.
The fit is just right, the pattern lovely (leaves, though my achievement is more abstract than the pattern intend), and the fabric cushy soft.
The yarn was a gift, a 'farewell, friend, we will miss you when you move,' skein given me 2 years ago. Each wearing of the garment, I will think fondly of her, and the knitting community who made me feel so at home in Des Moines.

This is the first time I made something with Malabrigo yarn. I understand what all the fuss is about. This is magnificent yarn! The color contains a depth and beauty unriveled. It knits up so smoothly. And the finished fabric - lush, soft, glorious! More Malibrigo is likely in my future.

Comments

Popular Posts