TV free morning!

Upon awaking today, I opened all the shades, blinds, and curtains allowing light to fill the house.
I made a mug of jasmine tea, Bigelow brand, which makes a lovely affordable mug of jasmine. After finding my glasses and book, I sat down in a sunny corner of the newly cleared room-yet-to-be-named for a morning read of Sherlock Holmes, The case of the Naval Treaty.
It has been months since I felt awake and alert enough in the morning to direct my attention to reading. My sluggish start to the day has precluded my heretofore standard ritual - tea and a book.
The pace of my morning is still slow and serene, yet beginning with reading in stead of a story told through pictures and dialog on a screen, stimulates my mind much more.
Seems absurd, perhaps, to celebrate an act so simple - reading in the morning over a cup of tea, yet celebrate as a sign of wellness I do.

I am so grateful to come from a family of readers - a family of folks who enjoy books, who value ideas and words.  Intergenrationally, we read. We share a book club, we attend library events together - in person and via remote technologies. We talk about titles, we revel in each other's writings, we share suggestions, and often even books.  We even T.R.O.T.T. (Take Reading on the Trails)
At a 2017 TROTT event in Mt. Pleasant


Comments

Popular Posts