Menu planning

I aspire to be a menu planner - to peruse my cookbooks, formulate a week long menu plan, then compile a detailed grocery list.
I intend then to shop based on the list, and be prepared for the meals selected.

However, a few challenges impede my success:

1. taking the time to formulate the menu that includes protein and vegetable variety
2. finding the listed items at the grocery store (for a price I am willing to pay)
3. cooking the meals in the sequence planned


Now that I am on strict ingredient parameters, making a plan is essential to avoiding meal skipping or crashing due to lack of available supplies when hungry.
I deviated from my parameters and paid for it with symptoms.

Today is recovery day - so I am striving to make a plan and shop for the coming week (or 2) to avoid symptoms.

So - the books for recipes used this week:
  • the trusty and oft used - "Allergy and Candida Cooking: Understanding and Implementing Plans for Healing"
  • "Everyday Gluten-Free Slow Cooking" for easy make ahead meals
  • "Meals that Heal"
  • "The Longevity Kitchen"
  • "The Leafy Greens Cookbook: 67 Leafy Greens and 250 recipes" because I am striving for daily consumption of a variety of nutrient and fiber rich leafy greens
Now to peruse and list....

Comments

Popular Posts