You philosophies on art, baroque, moved you.... you took your coat off and stood in the rain

Jewel's "Foolish Games" is a song that always takes me to a particular memory - of a younger me, and an era of life long since passed.

My students referred to me (in a fond way), "You are like a Mom to us - ." And, really, I am old enough to be their mom.... these fresh out of high school college freshmen... yet, it was a funny moment that 'dated' in a different way that any of my outdated pop-culture references ever could.

Tonight, I sit at home and sing along to those old songs, written and popular before the students in my class were even born...a long time before, actually.....

I love an at home, solo, sing along. I select songs of my liking, or follow the leads that pop-up in the feed, and let loose my inner joy, my whimsy, my fun - after all, as Cyndi Lauper would tell you, Girls Just wanna Have Fun



Comments

Popular Posts