Friday night lights, and the beauty of clouds at dusk

I am so pleased with my wellness. I actually walked the targeted 10,000 steps in a day for the first time in 15 weeks.. Friday and I am feeling finer than I have for months.
I am celebrating this wellness, which I have missed all summer long. Spring found me full of energy and mobility. Summer left me low and still. As autumn enters every so slowly, so too does my wellness pick-up a in increments.
After altering my diet to eliminate potential food triggers, food that is not 'bad' food, but that seems to trigger in my inflammation (pain and discomfort). The change has been dramatic; the change to my well being that is. I am no longer constantly fatigued, in marked pain, or falling over from dizzy spells.
The food changes were in conjunction with other lifestyle changes, and supplements.
I have begun reframing my mental pathways. I know, you may be thinking, "Hokey." However, if I constantly think negative thoughts about myself  and others, that negatively skews my perception. If I I instead concentrate on empathy, kindness, and positivity, that informs my perception. I am not talking about rose colored classes, per se. Rather I refer to the adage, you may not be able to alter a situation, but you can control how you react to it.
When I catch myself exerting an inner-critic thought pattern, I accept that perspective, allow it to flow over me (rather than try to deny it or negate it). Then I intentionally reframe and build new mental pathways.
I will revisit this concept with example and back-up data another day.
In addition to food, mental re-framing, I am also taking some herbal supplements to support healthy body function. Tonic herbs, bitters before meals (to catalyze digestion).
I am also adhering to a sleep promoting set of choices. No caffeine other than a morning cup of green tea, to bed to rise about the same time each day. And other strategies designed to support deep restorative sleep, which I persistently struggle with experiencing. Especially  the last few years; so much so that those who know me well or for a long time would be surprised to hear that I am no longer a morning person. I struggle to awake in the morning, and when I do I am sluggish and groggy for an hour or more before I fully awaken.

In addition to making 10, 000 steps on Friday, I happily report I went on a walk 3 other times during the week.
I connected with a friend.
I made wholesome, filling, delicious meals with a variety of fresh vegetables and organic meats. 
I played with my cats, crawling in the big box leftover from the washing machine purchase. The cats loved to be in the box with me, or play tag through the open end. The enjoy when I act like a big cat. 

I trust and believe I can continue to be well. I am grateful for the energy, mobility and joy.
.

Comments

Popular Posts