When grocery shopping goes well

I took the time to make a detailed and specific list of supplies needed, even mostly organized by region of the store, a strategy I picked up during my time as School Program Coordinator at W. Alton Jones Environmental Center (WAJ).

 *aside continues: while at WAJ staff lived on site, and filled out a grocery request form weekly. Room and board were part of the compensation, so beyond the meals eaten in the cafeteria with school programs, each house (there were 3) had a full kitchen for meal preparation. WAJ delivered a box of supplies weekly, based on the aforementioned grocery request form. The form was organized by grocery store section to make shopping easier for the courier. I adopted the practice myself for personal grocery list making.*

With comprehensive list in hand, I made my way through the super market. I took my time, read labels, compared options and prices and made considered decisions.
I enjoy the grocery shopping process. I like imagining the meals I can construct over the days and weeks following the purchase (I tend to shop on a 2 week rota).  I enjoy reading the labels and understanding the ingredients.  I like self-checkout lines, and bagging my own purchases, which I sort and bag with intention and regard to unloading and putting away food once I am home.

After a pleasant grocery store trip, I even took the time to wash and properly store produce. I divided large quantity of meats into smaller single use sizes and relegated them to fridge or freezer respectively.
I now am ready for a week or more of delicious, healthy meals featuring a variety of proteins and fresh vegetables.
Wellness continues!!

Comments

  1. I can so relate to that type of grocery shopping.
    Washing produce and repackaging meat. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts